Sunday, August 16, 2009

10 Months Old


Henry and Ruby celebrated 10 months old yesterday. It's amazing how much they have grown, changed, and developed in less than a year. I have to laugh because the first couple of months seemed like they would last forever... the sleep deprivation part at least.

We had an awesome day yesterday just the four of us. We spent the morning around the house doing our usual, playing, eating, etc. We let Henry and Ruby climb the stairs themselves to go upstairs to get dressed - this is a highlight for Henry but for Ruby, it's still a lot of work - I think the height difference puts her at a disadvantage.

The one kind of bummer part to the day was that I took Henry to the pediatrician yesterday since he's had a cold for about a month now that he can't seem to shake. The pediatrician said his lungs sounded clear, she gave me a prescription for amoxycillin and said to just hang on to it if I didn't want to give it to him right away - and to fill it if he started to get a little fever. I was relieved that the lungs and ears were ok, I've been a little worried about ignoring things since our ER visit last month for his fever and ear infection. From the pediatrician I decided to try to hit a local kids boutique while I had only one baby with me. It was adorable - it's called The Giant Peach. It was a great stop for us - the ladies who worked there adored Henry and he adored their attention, he smiled for them and kept clapping his hands, he is such a ham! The trip was also successful because we got a birthday gift for our neighbor Astrid and I bought cute outfits for Henry and Ruby for next summer (I know, I must be crazy for trying to guess their size but they were 40% off and had boy-girl matching outfits that I think are adorable so I couldn't resist!

We then went back home, Ruby got up from her nap and we fed the babies then went out to do some chores. First stop was the bank to deposit checks. Then we went to Annapolis Towne Centre and got lunch. Lunch has replaced going out to dinner for us so we treat ourselves once in a while - especially if it is nice out and we can sit outside with the babies. We tried a new place that had mostly seafood and the menu looked yummy - New England-y seafood like I am used to (or close.) Steamed clams, lobster, clam chowder, etc. were all offered. Kev had fish and I had to just get a salad and a bowl full of steamed clams - not as good as you can get back in my home state but pretty great for Maryland! The babies were happy as can be in their boosters and making a mess with their lunch that we brought along. I wanted to run to a store there quickly before we left so Kevin gave me the valet ticket ($2 valet parking - you can't beat that!), and I went to the store. I didn't get anything but I saw they had an awesome selection of FREE cupcakes for the customers -yum. I didn't take one but thought it was great. Then the next store I passed had a sign out front that said something about coming in to make your own FREE cappuccio!! I told Kevin and he was excited to go check out the free stuff. We got our free cappuccinos, he went in to Lululemon to check out the clothing (not the cupcakes!), and then we went by another shop that said "Come on in for a FREE mini-facial" it was like every shop had freebies. So, I did get my mini-facial, which may have not been so free since I bought some lotion after but the woman did give me a generously sized free face wash. Alas, our trip had to come to an end there because it was close to nap time but the babies were happy as can be and great companions. At home they took nice long naps then we took them for a jog in the evening followed by a dinner and a quick dip in the kiddie pool before books and bed.

They are great babies and so much fun. They definitely have silly personalities - both of them quite unique. Ruby likes to play games and thinks Hide and Seek is pretty much the silliest. She is not very patient when trying new things physically and likes to have the reassurance of her Mom or Dad nearby. She love to eat new foods and is really good at both spoon feeding and feeding herself. Henry is more go-with-the-flow and isn't phased by falling from his climbing adventures, he already is testing standing not holding on to things and has plenty of bruises to show for it. He hates being strapped down - in the carseat, highchair, stroller, etc. but he is really sweet when he is more tired and loves to cuddle. Recently we've nicknamed him Bruiser or Bulldozer for his literal bruises and how he tends to Bulldoze over Ruby when she is in his path.

I am amazed that we are now already thinking ahead to the first birthday party. Everyone said the first year would go quickly...I wonder if it is double quick with twins.

No comments:

Post a Comment